Monday, September 29, 2014

Citrus Lane Box Review: September


My 2 year old has been receiving Citrus Lane boxes since he was around 3 months old.  For the most part, we've been very happy with the contents, though admittedly some months are better than others.  Since we're such die-hard CL fans in this house, it was only a matter of time before I signed up my newborn for his very own monthly box.  The plan was to cancel the toddler box and move on to Kiwi Crate's recently released Koala Box but I just can't bring myself to do that just yet (so yes, now we subscribe to both).

Today the mailman delivered tiny-man's first CL box.  For the most part, it was a decent box, but I always feel a little gypped with less than 5 items.  I'm not sure if it's a new *thing* but both boys' boxes seemed a little... light... this month, not the standard 5 items I'm more accustomed to (and I don't count most coupons as an item, usually it's stuff I wasn't planning on buying in the first place).  Anyway, all in all, I rate this box a 7/10.


The contents included a long sleeve onesie from Tea Collection (the long sleeves are greatly appreciated as winter approaches!), a "rattle" that isn't actually a rattle, though it's still pretty neat, a sample of Mrs. Meyers dish soap (which also came in my older son's box, so now I have two), and a small bottle of Gripe Water.

First things first, Tea Collection has some pretty quality clothing so that was a plus.  Included with the oneside was a coupon for $25 off my first Tea Collection order of $50 or more, and that's exciting because I may actually use said coupon.  The onesie itself is a bit plain, but it's super soft and, like a mentioned earlier, it's long sleeved which is always useful when living in the tundra.

The Rainbow "Rattle" by Hape Toys doesn't *actually* rattle.  It's more a manipulative-type toy with bright colors.  I showed my 2 month old and he gave me some big ol' gummy smiles for a good 15 minutes so I count this toy as a win.  I have a few similar toys, probably from previous CL boxes, and they've always been hits in this house.  Plus, it's wooden and I like that.  It too came with a coupon for 10% off Hapetoys.com.

Mrs. Meyers is a favorite brand of mine.  CL has included their samples in the past and, while I do wish they were full size products, a little is better than none at all.  I think this is a new scent, Radish, or at least it's one I have not seen before.  I now have two of them, so that's neat.  Would I prefer toys in my child's box?  Yep.  Will this do?  Sure, why not.  Just don't make a habit of it, CL!

Gripe Water.  Unfortunately, I recently ordered a giant two-count box of Gripe Water for Mr. Gassy McGee.  Otherwise, I'd be pretty pumped about this because it's not super cheap and it's a brand I really like.  But hey, I suppose one can never have *too* much Gripe Water.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed ByBlogger Templates