Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Gluten Free Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies


These are a bit of a spinoff of the Toddler Cookies, though I didn't have that intent when I was making them.  Basically, I was craving chocolate cookies but I didn't want the unhealthy aspects.  So what's a girl to do?  I modified this recipe from it's original version, found here.  I had full intentions of incorporating zucchini, but didn't end up doing so.  That's not to say, however, it couldn't be done, I just haven't tried it out (I'm sure it's fine).

1 1/2 cup oat or almond flour (I used oat, I'm going to use almond next time)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup applesauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or almond extract.  Or both.  I loveeee almond extract)
1 cup GF oats
1 cup mini marshmallows (or regular, both are swell)

Also, feel free to add a cup of whatever else you like- nuts, dried fruits, etc.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cocoa  powder.  Set aside.

Using a mixer, mix brown sugar, applesauce, egg, and vanilla extract. Add previously mixed dry ingredients.  Then mix in oats and marshmallows.

Spoon onto a baking sheet (I use an ice cream scoop), spacing cookies 2 inches apart.  Bake for 11-14 minutes or until they just barely pass a toothpick test.  Let cool and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed ByBlogger Templates