Saturday, September 27, 2014

Product Review: One Love soy candles

I love subscription boxes.  It all started with Citrus Lane, then my husband wanted a box (because he never gets mail) so he subscribed to Dollar Shave Club.  Over the last few months, I've become a little obsessed with candles.  There's just something about having a lit candle hanging out on my dining room table making my house smell all sorts of delightful and creating a soothing ambiance in a home full of rambunctious boys.  So, of course, I did a quick search for candle subscription boxes and Flicker Box came into my life.  Honestly, I was a littler turned off by low-budget looking website, but I really liked the idea of having a few candles sent to me every month.  My favorite part about Flicker Box is that the candles are all handmade by candle artisans and made in the US.  The ingredients are very natural, usually soy based, and they're *always* adorable in their decorative jars or cute little tins.  I recently received my third box and I am so happy with the quality of these candles!  Oh, and?  There's a fun theme every month!  Everyone likes themes.

So I think I'll start doing some reviews because I think everyone should know about some of these awesome little companies that don't otherwise get much attention being overshadowed by big companies like Yankee Candle or even Scentsy.

Today I'm only going to review my favorite candle from last month's box, but in the future I'm hoping to do full box reviews.  This one is made by One Love, and the scent is Around the Campfire (so obviously it's amazing).  Both my husband and I love it, so much so that I've already ordered myself another one along with their Macintosh Apple scent (Helloooo, Fall!). This candle is not huge, it's in a small mason jar (also available in a larger size), but has over 80 hours of burn life. It's made from 100% soy and scented with pure essential oils and plant-based fragrances only.  Even the wicks are made with love from 100% pure American grown cotton.

I've been burning this candle for two days now and it's looking like it's got plenty of life left.  The scent isn't too overpowering, and it's not sweet smelling (I'm not typically a fan of sweet smelling candles, like food-based stuff).  It's a bit masculine, but also reminiscent of late summer campfires.  Like, an actual campfire scent.  Everyone loves campfires.  Therefore, everyone would love this candle :)

I'm excited to smell the Macintosh scent and I'll review that when it arrives.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed ByBlogger Templates