Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Chocolate Oatmeal




Nommmmm.

I've been eating this for breakfast every single day and I can't get enough.  It's a bit like Kristin's Oatmeal Made Interesting recipe but instead uses banana and Almond extract.  The original recipe is from Chocolate-Covered Katie but I've adapted it a bit in that I don't use any additional sweetener and I've opted for Almond Extract instead of Vanilla (though it's delicious with both).

This recipe is easy-peasy.  It doesn't take any longer for me to whip it together and cook on the stove than it was when I was microwaving my oatmeal.  And it tastes like it should be the most horrible thing you could put into your body, but it's actually healthy!


Chocolate Oatmeal

1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Red Mill GF)
1- 1 1/2 cups milk* (I use Almond milk)
1 ripe banana
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp Almond Extract *swoon*
pinch of salt

*The original recipe says you can use water here too but I think it tastes significantly worse with water, not to mention the texture somehow becomes all wrong.  But, whatever floats your chocolate-covered boat :)  You can use as much or as little milk as you prefer to make it the right consistency for you.


Combine the oats and milk.  Add banana and mash together with oatmeal.  Add cocoa powder, almond extract, and salt.  Cook over medium-high until hot. Stir often.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed ByBlogger Templates