Thursday, October 9, 2014

October 2014 Flicker Box


Yay, it’s Flicker Box day!  I was looking forward to the Fall theme, “Leaf Peeping”, this month because I’m always homesick for New England this time of year.  And no one does Fall like New England.  This box included  two good-sized candles, one votive in a glass holder, and a giant floating leaf-shaped candle.



Midnight Owl Candle Co. Autumn Leaves
First and foremost, I love the label design on this jar.  I know, I know, don’t judge a book by it’s cover, but I totally do.  It’s adorable.  This candle is said to have a long burn life and that makes me happy since it’s my favorite scent in the box this month.  It will also likely be the last one I burn because I *always* save the best for last.  It’s a soy candle with zero toxins or lead (some candles contain lead?!) so as I’m breathing it in I don’t have to have that nagging feeling in the back of my mind wondering just where those delicious fragrances actually come from.

Armadilla Wax Works Orange Cinnamon votive and Leaf Floater
This scent was the most overpowering scent when I first opened the box.  Admittedly, orange cinnamon isn’t my *favorite* scent, but it does feel quite Autumn so I will burn it none-the-less.  I’m personally thrilled about receiving a votive this month because I just so happened to purchase the cutest candle holder yesterday that is meant for votives.  I intentionally held out on purchasing a candle to go into this holder in hopes of Flicker Box sending me something that would work, and I’m so happy about it!  The Votive is said to have a 15 hour burn life and the floater should last around 4 hours.  

2nd Star On the Right Mulled Cider
I love this scent, though it falls into that “I wish I was smelling *actual* cider that I could be drinking instead of just the scent of one” category.  What I like most about this candle is the wooden wick.  This is the second box I’ve received with a wooded-wicked candle and I think they’re so unique looking, plus the description says it all, “Wooden wick burns slowly and crackles when lit”.  CRACKLES!  I also thought they would burn much faster but they don’t.  This is another soy candle and boasts about being free of animal or petroleum by-products.  The tin itself can also be reused (time to attempt my own candles? Hmm..)





As an added bonus, there was a little bag of candy (Happy Halloween to me!) along with the standard book of matches and a coupon.  Happy day!  I rate this box an 9/10, only because I don’t love floating candles (I don’t have anything to put it in other than a bowl right now).  Otherwise, it’s a great quality box and should last me well into the next month just in time for November’s box.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed ByBlogger Templates